How to clean your BIBS Baby Glass Bottle
Before first use
Before first use, disassemble and clean the product by placing all components in boiling water for 5 min. to ensure hygiene.
The latex nipple must be cleaned and sterilized before each use by scalding.
- Pour it with boiling water and let it soak in the water for approx. 5 min.
- Pick it up and let it dry on a clean towel.
DO NOT use microwave sterilizing or cleaning products or even dishwasher as it will break down the natural rubber latex. Renew the nipple after using it for 4-6 weeks for safety and hygiene reasons. Please do not leave the nipple in direct sun.
Further, always inspect the nipple before each use by pulling the nipple in all directions inspecting it carefully before use, and replacing the nipple at the first sign of damage or weakness.
The milk lock, screw cap, ring, and glass bottle can all be cleaned and sterilized by:
- Washing with hot water and soap or washing in the dishwasher.
- Pour them with boiling water, to make sure all soap residue is gone.
- Let all the parts dry completely before re-assembly.
Do not heat any plastic parts or the nipple in a microwave oven. The glass bottle can withstand microwave heating, but we recommend that you washed it in the above-mentioned ways to ensure it is absolutely clean.